Friday, November 2, 2012

Friday Five

Wow, it's been awhile since I've done one of these!!  Sorry about that.  Well enough groveling, let's move on to today's Dreamy Friday Five:

1. If you suddenly received a ton of money and could open up some kind of store or service just for the pleasure of having it (assume it wouldn't have to be too financially successful!), what would it be?

Theonlyboyfriend and I have talked many a night about our combination Local Yarn Store, Comic book/gaming Store, coffee shop.  But I imagine that's a small niche to serve to and the business would not do well.  Hah!!  

2. What service or store that no longer exists do you miss most?
Big Fun.  Oh my goodness there used to be a store on campus called Big Fun.  And it was....well big fun.  They mostly sold toys and trinkets and things from the 70s and 80s.  I loved that store.  All sorts of great memorabilia from my own childhood.

3. What local business do you think you could make better if you were to take it over? And if you don’t mind sharing, what changes would you make?
I'm not a business woman.  I think I'd run anything into the ground that I took over.  Theonlyboyfriend is FILLED with ideas though and always thinking of how to improve places.  I can't think of any place in specific. But we often talk about places we visit and what we would do if we ran it.  But again, we're not business people so it's never gonna happen.

4. What spot nearby seems to be impossible for businesses to survive in?
Ok, I can't even remember what's there now, but there's a building on Greenlawn Ave very close to where we live, across the street from Berliner Park.  It reopens as something else like...monthly.  It was a strip joint for a long time.  Then it was a breakfast place, then  a coffee house, then a swanky restaurant, then another coffee house...  nothing lasts there.  Ever.  I told the boy we need to make a game of going to everything that opens there.  

5. We’ve all seen stores that combined books and records, beer and laundry, or coffee and whatever. One of my favorite places to get coffee in Honolulu is a cafe and florist, and there is a car garage that’s also a diner in a town nearby. What would be a cool hybrid of two disparate ideas for somewhere you’d like to hang out?
See #1.  :D  Someplace where I could crochet, the boy could play his games or get comic books, we could read, maybe hear some awesome live music and have coffee or tea.  So....basically our living room.

Ok, that's about it.  Sorry I'm not posting as much.  Things are plugging along.  The house is amazing.  This is our first weekend alone in the house without much to do, so we're gonna enjoy it and also get some projects done.  Mostly getting the house ready for winter.  I'll likely get some photos and write up a whole new post on that.  :)

Have a wonderful weekend!  Much love and happy crafting.  


No comments:

Post a Comment