Saturday, November 24, 2012

My First Home Improvement Project

Pre-warning, this is a VERY photo-heavy post if you have a slower connection that doesn't load photos bery quickly.

Ok, as I've mentioned several times I've been working on my craft room.  Well it's done!  For the most part.  I need to get a nice rug for it, but it's done!  Oh my goodness everyone it is just breath taking.  I am so thrilled!!  I'm sitting in here right now with the kitty, who also seems happy with it!  Ok, so here are some before photos.





I was really not a fan of that mural.  It's just not me AT ALL.  And it was across the ENTIRE WALL.  Ugh.  I mean for the previous owners it was great, and I'm sure she loved it.  (I took a nice photo of it to frame and send to her actually.  :) )

Ok, before I share all the amazing after photos, here's my favorite side by side comparison:


It's like night and day.  Well, literally actually because the first one I did take after dark.  Heh.  But anyway, on to the drool-worthy after photos!!





TA-DA!!!!  And there it is.  My new bright, sunny craft room!

Aside from the paint, I tore up the carpet as you can see.  There was really nice hardwood underneath.  It needs a little love, but for the most part it's in fantastic shape!!  I got a small rug, but I need a bigger rug for the room.  Either way it was about 3 days of sweat and foul paint odors, but worth every second of it.  I love my new room!

6 comments:

  1. Love the wood floor and the paint color. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. One of the many, many reasons I LOVE old homes!! :)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! Your home looks good. I am currently planning a facelift for my home in trio apartments pasadena as well. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know some of my friends they are also student of interior designing, they are doing pretty good job but after looking at these images I think they are not enough good to be a interior designers;great going..

    ReplyDelete