Sunday, December 23, 2012

Ahhhhh, Vacation

Wow, it's been an eventful couple of days.  I apologize for not getting a Friday Five in, but I was down for the count on Friday.  Wow.  So let's recap my last couple days.

Thursday:  Started normally enough.  Went to work, got a LOT of stuff done, getting ready for my week off.  In fact got it down to just a couple things left to do Friday for my half day at work.  (I'd scheduled a half day since we're flying Friday night and I could get ready at home for the trip)  Thursday evening was spent packing and doing laundry and getting all ready.  Went to bed nice and early.  Then I woke up around midnight and felt...not quite right.  Long story short, I got violently ill.  VIOLENTLY ILL.  It was the sickest I think I've been in years.  We're talking, both ends exploding.  Sorry, if that was too much.  And poor BF up all night with me listening to that.  Although he was gallantly supportive.

Friday:  I called off work at 2AM.  I really, REALLY needed to go in to process payroll for my department, but I knew there was no way I'd be able to work.  So I spent the day on the couch, hoping against all hope I'd be ok to travel that night.  Thankfully I was passable by late afternoon.  Managed to shower and get dressed and all ready to go.  I was getting tired easy though so all the moving was taking a toll on me.

We got to the airport and found our first flight was delayed over an hour because of the weather.  We'd miss our connection.  We got new flights and arrived on the east coast at the same time we'd originally planned!  I think all the sickness was a blessing because I was to exhausted to panic and get all that nervous about the flying.  Thankfully we had smooth flights anyway, but I was so run down by that point I didn't care.

Saturday:  I slept and slept and slept some more.  We got some Christmas shopping done, but not much because I just got too tired too fast.  So we came back and I slept some more.  Wow it was so needed.

Today:  Almost back to 100%.  Almost.  A little worried about all the weight I've lost in a couple days, but I know I'll be fine.  Easing back into eating very slowly.

All in all I think this will be a nice and restful week and I'm very much looking forward to it!  If I don't get back on to post, have a very, VERY merry Christmas!!  Much love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment