Friday, December 14, 2012

Friday Five

Today was a bit of a whirlwind so I nearly forgot this post!  I searched around and couldn't find anything terribly exciting and my brain is so brained-out that I just don't have the mental energy to come up with one on my own.  So here's a pretty stupid Friday Five I found deep in the bowels of the internets.


AAAAA-CHOOOOOOO!!!!!

1) Do you experience any seasonal allergies?  Are you allergic to anything else?
Yes and yes.  The seasonal ones are really new to me.  Like as of last year really when I had that horrible skin problem that was apparently an allergic reaction.  Certain types of tree pollen.  And the ever exciting mold and dust.  I'm also allergic to shellfish.  Like the swell up and die kind of allergic.

2) What kind of symptoms do you experience during your allergic reaction?
I'm so lucky.  I have dermographism so hives and horrible welts all over my skin.  YAY!!!  Also the standard sneezing and itchy eyes, etc.  And as mentioned in #1, swelling and death.

3) How do you manage your allergies.  (i.e. medications, avoidance, alternative therapies?)
Well the food allergy, avoidance, obviously.  I do have an Epi-pen but I don't always carry it with me.  As for the seasonal ones, I just....live with it really.  I don't like taking drugs of any kind, so there's not a lot I can do.  If I get really miserable I'll take a sinus pill.  Allergy pills put me to sleep.  Even the "non drowsy" kind knock me right out.  Same with sinus pills really.

4) What is the strangest allergy you've ever heard of?
Water.  I read some article on strange allergies once and there was a girl who was very allergic to water.  Weird since our bodies are mostly water.  But when it touched her skin it was horrifically painful and gave her terrible rashes.  Poor thing!

5) How do you feel about school and social policies on banning peanuts and other allergens?
Well, for the kinds with allergies that seems really nice.  But kinds ruins it for everyone else.  This is a really, really touchy subject and I don't really feel strongly one way or another, so I'm just gonna leave it at that.


Sorry that was kinda lame.  Heh.  Well, happy weekend at least!!  I hope all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment