Monday, December 31, 2012

Greetings and a very happy New Year!

Wow.  I didn't really update much during vacation did I?  And I really had no excuses.  We did nothing.  For a week.  I kinda feel like Jell-o.

Lots of merriment and food was had by all.  We played card games, I think I read 3 books and got a good start on my scarf sweater, and napped and watched movies.  That pretty well sums up my vacation.  I did go for a few runs though.  And let me tell you, the hills over there are not what I am used to.  Whew!!

The flight back was....eventful.  Ever been on a commercial airplane sideways?  Yeah.  I'd rather not relive that part, so we'll just leave it at that.

Anyway we got home and I collapsed.  I think the combination of being in a small house with a lot of people, a few chain smokers, and being lazy sent my immune system to the pot.  I got my first cold of the season.  And it's a doozy.  Bleh.  I feel genuinely awful.

So, needless to say we're spending this New Year's Eve in on the couch with some warm blankets and TV.

I can't really think of anything all that profound to say about looking back on 2012, and forward to 2013.  Don't get me wrong 2012 was a great year.  I bought my first home and learned to find myself outside of the theatre.  I dunno, I guess I'm just not all that sentimental about New Years and all that.

Well either way I hope all of you are well and have a wonderful and very joyous season.  I hope at least some of you are out whooping it up tonight!  Much love and a very Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment