Thursday, December 20, 2012

Yup. I Forgot Again

Things have been a whirl of activity at theonlyhousehold.  So I forgot my Wednesday WIPs post.  I've actually made some progress on both projects too.  Not a lot, but some.  And I'm starting a new one for vacation.  I got some soft squishy new yarn and everything.  Oh well. In lieu of the WIP's post, here is some randomness.

-We're leaving tomorrow for Connecticut.  (Hence the flurry of activity in the house.  I've been trying to get all my Christmas shopping and wrapping done this week to be ready to celebrate when we get back with my family.)  At 35 years old I'm finally spending my first Christmas away from home.  We're spending Christmas with the living-in-sin-laws.  I'm kind of excited.  We're flying so I'm not excited about that part.  I don't fly well.  It scares me more than anything.  Full fledged panic attacks.  Thankfully we're flying out late at night and I have to work all day.  I'm hoping I'll just wear myself out completely and be too tired to panic.  But we also won't have a car when we get there so I'll be forced to just relax at their house and crochet, read, watch movies and sleep.  Darn.  :)

-I'm done with Christmas shopping aside from theonlyboyfriend's family.  We can't really do any of that until we get there since we'd have to squeeze stuff into our bags.  But otherwise I'm done!

-I'm starting a new project as I mentioned above.  It's a scarf/wrap/sweater deal.  The "pattern" is here.  Seems very simple and will keep me busy.  I got a couple new books for my Kindle, too.

-We're doing some new office builds and internal office moves currently at work.  The project has been kicking my butt.  I'm enjoying it, but it's also sending my stress levels through the roof!  I don't get a new office, but I do get to move, sort of.  I get to have 2 offices on 2 different floors.  Which sounds awesome, but will really be kind of a pain in the butt.  

-I have a different color pen for each day of the week at work.  Yeah.  OCD, much?

-I friggin love my department at work.  If I haven't said it before, I'm saying it now.  My boys are awesome.

I think that's about it.  Nothing crafty to report today.  Hope everyone is well!

1 comment: