Friday, January 11, 2013

Friday already?

Seriously, you have GOT to be sick of my excuses for not posting.  I know I'm sick of making them, because I'm not posting like I should be.

My schedule has been a bit hectic all over.  I usually can find time during a lunch break to post at work at least, but I haven't taken a lunch break yet this year.  Work is insane.  We're building new offices and moving folks around and all sorts of fun.  In fact, they needed my desk for someone else, so I'm posting to you now from a rolling cart that is holding my computer.  Seriously, this is how I have to work for the next 2-3 months.


Right in the middle of a workroom, next to the loudest copier of all time.  For a day or so I could handle this, but I'm stuck with this for quite awhile.  What you can't see in this photo is all my files and things in boxes along the window behind me.  It's chaotic and disorganized and we all know how well I handle disorganization.

Anyway, enough of my griping and excuses.  Let's get on with today's....


Lucky Friday Five!!

1) Do you believe in luck, fate, or a higher being?
Yes.  Although I think whoever wrote this meant that to be an either/or question.  But I say, All of the above.  I believe some people have better luck than others, and some have specific fates.  I also believe we have some control over luck and fate though. I am also a Christian and believe in God.  I try not to bring religion onto this blog very often because it's such a touchy subject and so many of my friends hold lots of different beliefs.

2) Are you in control of your own destiny, or is someone else pulling the string of your life?
A little of both, but I think overall we control our own destinies.  That said I also believe in realism.  Not everyone can be a billionaire, or president of the United States.  Hell not everyone can be a parent, and procreating is nature.  Someone may be the perfect parent, but nature has other things in mind for them.

3) What are your lucky charms, if you own any?
I'm not superstitious and don't really have anything physical that is with me 100% of the time.  I do carry a worry stone in my bag, but I don't have it with me 24/7.  And it's not really a lucky charm anyway.

4) Is the world really just a stage and we are merely actors?
Well.  Hm.  We're all a part of something bigger yes.  We're all cogs in the machine of humanity.  Wow that sounded pretentious.  Heh.  But we're all also individuals.  We have our own thoughts, lives, feelings so we may not FEEL like we're part of this big thing.  Wow, did that make ANY sense or even come close to answering that question.  I tried.  I'm not good at 'splainin' philosophical stuffs.

5) Describe what happened on your "luckiest" day.
I was born.  Total cop out answer.  Hee hee.

Ok, well that's about it.  I really need to get back to work.

I hope everyone is well and having a great day!  The sun is shining here in Ohio and it looks to be a beautiful weekend!  Much love and happy philosophizing.

No comments:

Post a Comment