Friday, January 25, 2013

Friday Five!!

Happy Friday everyone!  It was another long week of $15 in the bank account and trying to wait for payday, but we made it.  WHEW!  Naturally though, my paycheck just went to bills and filling the gas tank.  As is life.

Anyhoo, quick update on my WIP of waking up earlier; So day 1 as I posted Wednesday, fail.  Day 2, success!  I got up 9 minutes earlier.  Today....wow, complete and utter fail on all accounts.  I accidentally turned off my alarm. Theonlyboyfriend woke me up when I was supposed to be leaving the house.  Oops.  I'm going to reset and make Monday, day 1.  Sheesh.

Ok, enough of my failures, on to today's:

Unusual Friday Five!

1) What is the most surprising or unusual thing to be found in your wallet/purse/backpack?
This took a lot of thought.  I carry a lot of crap with me, but nothing is unusual or surprising.  Maybe my iPod?  I mean, lost of people have one, but with how much I loath Apple and their products, it does seem funny that I own and use one. If there was a way to use it without iTunes, I wouldn't mind so much.  God I hate iTunes.

2) What is the most surprising or unusual thing to be found on your computer hard drive?
I can't think of anything all that shocking, but I do have my Excel sheets of my personal budget from as far back as 2001.  Yup.  I have no need for them at all, but it's kinda fun now and then to see how friggin broke I was after college when I got my first apartment.  Makes me feel a little better about where I am now financially.  Then again my rent back then was less than half my mortgage.  But my first apartment was roughly the size of my living room now.

3) What is the most unusual thing hanging on your walls?
My college degree.  I seriously never thought I'd get one.  I somehow managed to get my butt into college and graduate directly after high school.  Took me a hair longer than it does for normal/smart people, but I did it.  I'm so glad I did it right after high school too instead of waiting.

4) What is the most uncharacteristic thing in your fridge?
Hm, nothing really.  Our fridge is painfully empty most of the time except for all the raw veggies.  The occasional 6 pack, but neither of those things are uncharacteristic.

5) What's something you've done in the past year that you thought was going to be awful but turned out pretty good?
I'm sure there's something better than this, but this is the first thing that popped into my mind.  I got a cavity filled not too long ago at my new dentist.  Re-filled actually, the one in there was old and coming loose because I grind my teeth so bad I'd pushed the filling up into the tooth and cracked the tooth.  Anyway, fillings are always a nightmare for me and I put this off as long as I could.  I finally went in, near sick with worry.  It was the smoothest, most painless, an quickest filling to date.  I was in and out in 30 minutes.  15 was waiting in the lobby and waiting for my mouth to numb, the other 15 was the actual work.  So fast and I felt nothing.

So that's it.  Nothing too shocking there.  Overall, I'm pretty boring.  :D  I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful weekend!  Much love.


Today's list from friday5.com

1 comment:

  1. Boy do I know what it's like to only have $15 for the week!!! I really enjoyed your unusual 5's.
    My answers:
    1. A plastic toy frog one of my kids gave me years ago.

    2.Pictures of hunky celebs that accidentally got uploaded to my computer from my phone.

    3. The leashes for my dogs..my kids threw them down everywhere so now they have a place.

    4. Homemade body and face scrubs.

    5. Volunteering..I'm not a very outgoing person. I prefer to hang back and watch..But I have enjoyed it very much.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete