Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Wednesday WIPs

Greetings and happy mid-week everyone!  Busy, busy schedule for theonlynikki.  Trying to get in at least a little crocheting every day now, to get my mojo back up.  So let's check in on the WIPs.

The fingerless gloves:
Ok, sadly I'm frogging these.  "This" actually, I've only got the first one started.  I got to the flap on the first glove and realized that I screwed the flap up, and the fingers looked a little wonky.  Now the flap part is an EASY fix, but I've been barely touching this project as it is because it's just not  very exciting.  And if I'm bored before I even start the second glove, then it's not worth completing.  Life is too short to work on projects I don't really want to work on.  Not to mention I'd probably never wear them and my store is a bust, so I wouldn't be able to sell them either.  (The store is another topic for another day.  I've had a store for years and have yet to make a sale.  It's beyond pathetic and making me feel kinda useless overall.  I digress)

The scarf sweater:
No photo today, sorry.  I've gotten a few more rows on, but nothing significant.  I'll take a picture next week.  A better one than the last one I posted too, that was a poor quality picture.  Sorry about that.

Thread crosses for church bazaar:
Gonna start my first one today at lunch!!  Very excited.  

New WIP:
Ok, this is not a crochet WIP, but I'm starting something new.  Or reverting back to something old actually.  I used to get up at 5AM every day to workout and get some "me time" in before dashing off to work.  I've gotten slowly worse at getting up early.  Now I'm sleeping in and barely getting to work on time after a VERY rushed morning.  It's making my days more stressful and making me more crabby.  You would think more sleep would mean a better mood, but it's not the case for me.  I need that time to ease into my day.  Yesterday, there was A Great Post on the Zen Habits blog about training yourself to walk up earlier.  So, I'm going to start this.  Actually, today was day 1.  Failed miserably.  I even slept 5 minutes more than usual. Yeah, this might be a struggle.  But I did it for years, I can do it again.  I just gotta get back into it.  

Ok, so that's about it for now.  I hope everyone is doing well and staying warm!  Much love and happy creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment