Saturday, January 12, 2013

YAY! New Stuff

I have these two dressers that I've had since I was a baby.  My mom had them when she was a kid.  They've been good dressers, but not what I needed.  The drawers were too big and worse yet, when we moved into the new house, I couldn't fit them both in the bedroom.  So I had one in the bedroom and one in my craft room closet.  Getting dressed in the morning is a big pain, running back and forth between rooms.  I've been trying to find one dresser to take the place of them both.  I finally found one today at an antique store, and I am super excited.  It's the little things in life.

It needs a little love, but some fresh paint once the weather is warmer and I think it'll be great.  Here she is!


I'm thinking I paint the panels on the top part different colors.  And the drawer fronts too.  Or use wallpaper scraps.  But it matches the bed perfectly, so it was kinda kismet.  

Here's the inside of the top half:


Squee!!  Separate drawers for everything baby!  Like I said, it's the little things in life.  It's exciting to have one dresser finally, but it's also the first piece of furniture I've bought for my new house.  So it's kind of symbolic in a weird way.

Well regardless I'm excited.  Yay, new stuff!!

2 comments:

  1. Dressers with big drawers you say... do they need a new home perhaps? Mine is currently being held together with duct tape, no joke. For being particle board and over 20 years old, I'd say it's lived a good life, but it looks so pathetic. I haven't found anything I like enough though because I need big drawers and lots of 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah shoot! I just gave them to my niece and nephew. :( Sorry. I'll keep you in mind if we find any other dressers. :D

    ReplyDelete