Friday, February 22, 2013

Friday Five

There's been a video making it's rounds on the interwebs here lately.  You may have seen it.  If not, it's definitely worth looking at.


(My Friday Five will relate to this, I promise)
So, my thought on this is probably not a rosy as everyone else's.  It is a beautifully written poem and a wonderfully inspirational video.  But here's my only problem with this; I see videos, hear speeches, see TV specials, lectures, movies, all sorts of stuff on this very subject matter.  And yes, we all need to remind ourselves that words are just words and we are special and important and we are all beautiful.  But watching this and knowing that can't magically make YEARS of ingrained self-loathing just magically disappear.  If it could, there'd be far less suicide in the world and drug companies would all go bankrupt.  Yes, after watching this video, you feel good.  Uplifted.  I sure did.  But years of damage takes a long time and a lot of work to heal.

Wow, I went all "realism" on that.  Shocking, I know.  Sorry.  Anyway, to redeem myself from that, my Friday Five for today is......

5 Things I Love About Myself

1) My sense of humor.  It's sick.  It's twisted.  And I love it.  It's not everyone's style and I'm sure I offend a lot of people, but I ever mean to.

2) My compassion.  It gets me into trouble sometimes as it can blend in with my gullibility.  I'm quick to forgive and quick to love.

3) My organizational skills.  Yes sometimes it borders on mental illness, but ask my how many times I've lost my keys.  A place for everything and everything in it's place. Nothing is more exciting to me than makes order out of chaos.

4) If we're gonna do physical appearance, and why not.....my neck.  I think I have a really nice neck and clavicle.  I shouldn't feel embarrassed admitting that, but I do.  Part of that whole schpeal from above

5) My crochet talents.  I've made a lot of cool stuff and even designed a few things on my own.  It's become familiar enough that it's intuitive for me.  I can usually figure out patterns without reading them, and have even reverse engineered some things.  

I can't lie.  This was really hard.  I struggled to come up with five.  It shouldn't be that hard.  Nature of the best I guess.

Well that's it for me on this cold and wet Friday.  I hope everyone is well and staying warm.  Much love!

1 comment:

  1. My organizational skills borderlines OCD as well! I get down right frustrated when things aren't in their places.

    ReplyDelete