Friday, April 5, 2013

Friday Show Off!

Apologies for missing Wednesday WIPs this week.  Things are zooming along with my projects too.  I finished off the scarf sweater base.  I just need to find a time to get theonlyboyfriend to help me pin it so I can sew it together.  Possibly tonight!  The Pax is coming along as well.  I finished the base and am working on the lace part now.  I'll have good photos next week.

So in lieu of the Friday Five, I'm gonna show off my new bookshelves!!  The painting is done.  It was really hard to get a good photo of the finished product that does it justice, but you'll at least get the idea.  

Here are before shots:



They looked fine, but were VERY white.  And I like color.  Lots and lots of color.  So I went with a deep plum and a chocolate brown!




Ta-da!!!  I used the plum on the back and sides and the front of the shelf, and the brown on the surface part of the shelf.  I'm super proud of these, they look amazing!!  So much better.  

I'm going to continue those colors into the dining room too.  I did some test spots behind my desk, and I think they'll look great!

Well that's about it for me.  Happy Friday and a lovely weekend to all!  Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment