Friday, May 3, 2013

Friday Five

Ok, I'm back on the blogging horse again and getting in my Friday Five list!!  I've been feeling better lately and trying to get back into the swing of things.  In fact I think I'm going to base my list on this very topic.  I'm getting back into things I've set aside for a long time in my never-ending process of bettering myself.  Or simply enjoying life more.

Self-enjoyment/betterment Five!!

1) Piano.  There was a period of time when I dreamed of being a concert pianist.  I played all the time.  Almost as obsessively as I crochet now.  And I was good.  Not concert pianist good, but I was good.  I have a 72 key keyboard at home that has sit barely used for years.  I've wiped the dust off and started playing again.  I am rusty to say the least, but I'm playing almost every day again.  And it feels so natural. I never realized how much I've missed having those keys under my fingers.  It's like when I don't ride my bike all winter and get back on, I feel like I have my legs back.

2) Journaling.  I suck at writing regularly in some form of journal.  I have this blog and that's kind of where it stops.  I used to keep a diary for YEARS and wrote every day.  (I still have all my old diaries and it's kind of amusing to read them now.)  I'd started a gratitude journal a couple years back and decided to just expand on that.  I've been writing on my prayers and thoughts.  My goal is to get more detailed.  My biggest problem is finding a consistent time and place for this.  Sometimes I write at night, sometimes in the morning, sometimes at work.... I don't like the idea of carrying a journal with me everywhere for a lot of reasons.  I'm sure I'll figure something out, but I'm open to suggestions.

3) Broader fitness.  I work out a lot already.  270 minutes a week minimum.  However, January-March I got bad about both that and my diet.  I put back on some weight, which is annoying, but I really don't care about that.  What bothers me most is my body is struggling to get through my workouts now and struggling with some daily activities.  So I'm trying to get back into the swing of things and on top of that try NEW fitness activities.  I'd really like to try pilates at some point.  I just want to broaden my scope and be more active in general.

4) Cooking.  Sort of.  I hate cooking.  Never enjoyed it and still have no delusions of becoming any kind of kitchen diva.  But I would like making some things on my own at home.  To save money, be healthier and hopefully be a little more green.  Things like making my own salad dressings and fresh vitamin water from fruits and herbs.  Little things like that.  I still have no desire or need to "meal plan" and grocery shopping gives me panic attacks, so I'm trying to keep it simple.

5) Spending more time with others.  When I started cutting back on theatre it was for this purpose.  But I found a trend of me just being horribly selfish with my time.  Granted the time was spent on fixing up the house, cleaning  and doing fun things that I enjoy, but I was neglecting family and friends.  And that is a regret I do NOT want to leave this earth with.  So I'm going to make an effort to stop being a homebody so often and get out and do stuff with other people.  Which is honestly not that easy for me.

So there it is.  On the interwebs for all to see, so now I NEED to stick with this.  Heh.  I hope you all are well and doing a little something for yourself every day.  Much love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment