Friday, June 21, 2013

Five Year Friday Five!!

A very special list today.  Today is my 5 ear anniversary with theonlyboyfriend!  5 years and we haven't killed each other yet.  Naw, we're as happy as ever.  I still get a little giddy inside when I hear/see his truck pull up in front of the house when he gets home form work.

So, to further nauseate everyone, here is today's list!!

5 Things I've Enjoyed During the First 5 Years:

1) 2008.  Finding each other and falling in love.  2008 was by far one of the worst of my life.  I was going through a lot of awful things.  After some great conversations, flirting and prodding from a mutual friend we ended up together.  We had the best summer just getting to know each other and finding all sorts of fun things to do.

2) 2009.  Visiting Connecticut for the first time ever.  Meeting the family was a bit nerve-wracking, but  ended up painless.  They are wonderful people.  Meeting the childhood friends was every bit as great.  And getting to see where he grew up and a part of his history was really great.  We had a fantastic trip!!

3) 2010.  The sister's wedding.  We drove 2 days to Florida to go to his sister's wedding.  None of the rest of the family could make the trip so we cleared our schedules to get down there, so he could give the bride away and be witness to their union.  It was the first time he'd seen live palm trees.  I'd been to the south before but it was the first time I'd seen cotton growing!  The weather was determined to make it an awful trip down, but we were more determined to have a great trip!

4) 2011. Surviving the first big family vacation.  My parents, brother and his family and the two of us all took a vacation to Orlando.  For a week.  And we survived.  All 8 of us crammed into a little 2 bedroom condo.  And we actually had a really good time!!  I think it really brought BF and the family a bit closer.

5) 2012.  Buying our first home.  Last fall we closed on the house of our dreams.  It's been wonderful so far and just feels so right and great to have a place of our own.  I can't wait to continue to make the house truly our own.

I am so lucky to have him in my life, and so, so happy.  I look forward to another 5 years and many, many more after that!

Thanks for bearing with my list today.  I hope it wasn't too painful.  Much love to you all!

1 comment:

  1. Awww...Congrats on 5 years!!! Hubby and I have been together for eternity (we have known each other since I was 10). We have been married for 13 years!

    ReplyDelete