Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Wednesday WIPs!!!!

It's mid week once again and time to check in on my WIPs!!  I've actually been getting some work done on my projects again here and there.  Still not as much as I'd like, but we never have all the free time we'd want do we?

I had a WONDERFUL time this past weekend with some Ravelry friends!  There are a few of us that belong to a group there that all live in the area so we meet up from time to time.  We went to the pride parade downtown, then hit some local yarn shops, then had some awesome Mexican food with massive margaritas. Then with all the heat, food, yarn and laughter we all collapsed early.  I know I was falling asleep by 9:30.  Whew!

Ok back to the WIPs.  Almost done with the 4th color on my Tunisian blanket!  Here is the 4th and final square in the 4th color:


A nice plum color.  I bought two more colors this weekend with my gals!

Got more bookmarks going, too.  This one is just started so it kinda looks like a blob right now:


I put together a great little bag that fits in my purse to take all my stuff with me for making bookmarks on the go!!


My favorite owl zipper bag, a couple hooks, a couple patterns (the rest are stored on my phone) thread and a little Mentos gum container for my needle and beads!  I forgot the tiny scissors though.  They're in with my Pax WIP.

Speaking of, I'm thinking of frogging it.  I'm not enjoying working with laceweight yarn.  I knew I wouldn't like it, but I gave it a go anyway.  I don't get it, I love working with thread and fingering weight.  But laceweight just irritates me senseless.  No idea why.  It's REALLY nice and kinda pricey yarn though so I may fight on through.  We'll see.  I'll give it one more chance.

And my last WIP of being awesome, well that's not so much as a WIP as just a state of being for me:

oh wow I am PALE
Aw yeah.  :D

That's it for me.  I hope everyone is well.  So much love and happy creating!!

1 comment:

  1. Just now enjoyed a moment to catch up on these and wanted to say again how very much I love you and am proud of you!
    Mom
    (X)

    ReplyDelete