Sunday, August 11, 2013

Pelotonia 2013

Well I did it!!  I finished the 50 mile ride yesterday!


You hear that, cancer?!  SUCK IT!!!

The ride, like last year was one of the most amazing days of my life.  To be part of something so huge and so amazing was just humbling to say the least.  There were just over 6700 riders this year.  6700!!!!

It was crowded and loud, but everyone there was so wonderful and so happy to be part of this.  And seeing folks along the sides of the roads throughout the ride holding signs thanking us and cheering us on... it's still choking me up.

My only regret was forgetting sun screen.  Holy wow I am lobster red and in a bit of pain.  I don't know why I never thought to bring any.  I'm the only person I know that can get a sunburn at night.

As of today I raised $1373 personally.  My peloton has raised $58,449 and Pelotonia as a whole has raised $11,372,590.  This year.  (Total since the first ride $53,659,535. )  And every single penny is going to cancer research.  Every.  Single.  Penny.  My heart feels like it's going to explode.  I am so proud to be part of this.  And I will be every year as long as my body allows me to do so.

Thank you to everyone who donated, or even just sent well wishes.  You all are amazing and made this happen.  Thank you.

1 comment: