Sunday, October 20, 2013

Keeping Tradition Alive

I got back earlier today from a camping trip I know so well, I could live each moment in my sleep.  We've been taking this exact trip since I was a baby.

Every year, for 43 years now, on the third weekend of October the city of Bainbridge, Ohio hosts The Fall Festival of Leaves.  One of the longest and best known festivals in the state.  People come from all over for this festival.  Including us. It started with my parents and their very good friends and their kids.  Our two families together would get some adjoining campsites in the state park nearby for a weekend of hiking, campfire, and the festival.  And just allover fun.  The families involved have grown and dwindled over the years.  It seems my parents and I are the last men standing and we're not giving up so easy.  Even when they're unable to go I know theonlyboyfriend and I will keep this tradition going!!

It was lovely this year as always.  In fact I got to meet a good online friend for the first time in person this year!!  She lives in the next town over so we meet up on Saturday at the festival.  A big hello to the amazing Erin from over at The Misadventures of an Ordinary Housewife!  But there is nothing ordinary about this beautiful family.  She has 4 of the most beautiful and sweet children I've met.  And a very nice husband, too.  What a wonderful family!

Ok so as not to disappoint, I'll leave you all with some pictures.  I'd love to just sit and write more, but I still have some unpacking to do, and I'm still down one functioning finger so typing gets tiring very quickly.

So much love and HAPPY FALL!!!








4 comments:

  1. Nikki I really enjoyed meeting you! Maybe we can make it tradition to meet at festival time for get togethers. Thank you for your lovely words about my family. It means a lot!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love that!!
      I know you don't need anyone to tell you that you should be proud of your kids. :)

      Delete
  2. Family lifelong traditions are ones to cherish and yours look so special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos, Nikki! Thanks for helping us hold down the tradition!
    Mom
    (X)

    ReplyDelete