Friday, January 3, 2014

Friday Five!!!

It's been a bit since I've done one of these, I figured I'd better get on it.  My usual sources have fun lists, but I think I'm going to make one of my own.

Like I've said many times I don't typically make New Year's Resolutions, but I do like to think about all the cool things I would like to do in the coming year.  So that's gonna be my list today.  5 things I want to do in the year 2014!

1) Be in a musical again.  It's been a long time since I've been in a musical, and I'm getting the urge to sing and dance somewhere besides my living room.  I'm still not exactly sold on acting anymore, but musicals are a completely different ballgame.

2) Take a "real" vacation.  Theonlyboyfriend and I agreed to take a vacation this year that does not include visiting family.  We'll still visit family, but we'd love to go somewhere else for a change!  I haven't been anywhere for longer than weekend that wasn't Connecticut in a few years now.

3) At least one of my larger home renovation projects.  We have several on the list, and some are pipe dreams that we may do years down the road, but we have some that are more attainable in the now and I want to stop dreaming and start doing!!!

4) Work on strength and flexibility.  I lost all the weight I wanted to.  In fact I hit that goal awhile back.  I worked on strength last year and got my muscle tone much more where I wanted it and cleaned up my diet even more.  Now I want to work on things like being able to touch my toes without bending my knees, and handstands.  Sounds silly, but I gotta have something to work for with my body or else I risk getting lazy.

5) Finally find out what is causing my digestive problems and cure it.  I'm waiting to meet with my doctor about trying an elimination diet.  I want to do it the right way and under medical guidance.  But the blinding pain has gone on long enough and it's time for it to end.

Not the most lofty goals in the world, but definitely things to work for this year!  I hope you have some wonderful plans for 2014.  And if you did make resolutions, I truly hope you stick to them and better yourself this year.  Much love!!

1 comment:

  1. Those are great resolutions! Sorry I've been MIA..I have been so busy I have barely been able to breathe!! I hope you find out what is causing you pain. My hubby has Crohns and I have IBS..our systems revolt against us all the time. Happy 2014!

    ReplyDelete