Friday, January 31, 2014

Friday Five

Ugh.  This week of hell is almost done.  Words cannot express how much I am looking forward to tomorrow.  I'd like to say I'll spend the whole weekend sleeping/relaxing, but I have so much crap to catch up on at home.  But I can, at least, sleep in a bit.

Anyhoo, let's move on to this week's list, shall we?

Habitual Friday Five!

1) What's one bad habit you'd like to get rid of?
Talking down to myself.

2) What's a good habit it's taken you very long to establish?
270 minutes a week of workout.  It was my goal from the get-go of 270 minutes and it took a couple years to work up to that.  Odd number, right?  I figure on working out 6 days a week with an average of 45 minutes per workout.  Some days I do more, some less but as long as I hit my 270 mark by the end of the week I'm happy!

3) What's a good habit that doesn't take much effort but other's seem to envy?
See #2.  I don't even really think about it much anymore.  I just do it.  And yes there are plenty of days I'd rather take a nap, or just sit on the couch and read instead of an hour of heavy breathing and sweating like a man, but oh well.

4) What kind of unusual rituals do you go through in daily life?
I can't think of anything I do that's all that weird.  I mean, I spend like 10-15 minutes every day straightening up and organizing, but I think a lot of people do that.  Don't they?  Oh man, am I weird?!

5) What's the weirdest ritual you've heard of in others?
Spending more than 2 minutes picking out clothes.  I've known some people in the past that take FOREVER to get dressed.  Now I've had occasions where I've had trouble finding something to fit if I'm bloaty, etc.  But typically I just grab something and I'm done with it.

Ok well that's it for me.  I'm hoping to get back on track with my life next week.  Maybe get some videos filmed and some new crochet projects started.  I hope everyone is well.  So, so much love!!

2 comments:

  1. Nikki you and I are a lot alike. I have a really bad habit of talking down to myself. I try my best to catch it and turn it to a positive but I think a lot of it is subconscious.

    Oh I hope one day I can get up to 270 minutes a week!! I'm lucky if I workout 6 times a week. I really lack motivation! I can't seem to find a motivator when I am really wore out (which is always). I have a good game plan but my motivation is lacking. I think it is this crazy Ohio weather. The gloomy days get to me!

    Hope next week is much better for you and you get some much needed R&R this weekend.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I wish I could offer some kind of advice on getting that much working out in each week, but there's really no magic trick. I just do it. Want to or not, i just do it.

      Delete