Friday, April 4, 2014

Friday Five

Here is the Friday Five meant for last week.  DERP!

Yeah.  Totally dropped the ball on Wednesday WIPs.  I was seriously just sitting on my ass last night.  I was even crocheting a new WIP!!!!  * sigh*  Bad blogger.  So I guess I'd better have a REALLY GOOD list, huh?  Well as it happens my usual source for my questions has been posting bonus questions throughout the week and there were a handful that were craft related.  So I think I'll dig through those!!  So enough of my groveling, let's get on with today's:

Crafty Friday Five!

1) What kinds of craft-making do you particularly enjoy?
Well I think that's kind of obvious that I like crochet.  But I guess outside of that, I love working on projects around the house.  Curtains, pillows, organizing and cleaning rooms.  I'm back and forth on sewing.  It can be so incredibly frustrating, and I'm not a very patient person.  But it can also be very rewarding.  

2) What kind of craft-making's appeal baffles you?
Scrapbooking.  I just don't get it.  Especially nowadays when photos are digital.  I have a shelf full of my photo albums from the pre-digital age, and I barely look at those.  I don't know, but it just does not appeal to me in the least.

3) What have you purchased from Etsy or similar websites?
Very recently the most amazing necklace ever.  I've ordered some jewelry from another site similar to Etsy.  Storenvy, same site I have my store through.  Honestly, I haven't bought much of anything from Etsy.  Just a couple necklaces.

4) What crafty item in your house gets the most use?
That's a hard one.  I guess I'd have to say my crochet hooks or my sewing machine.  But the hooks get WAY more use than the sewing machine.  My label maker gets a good workout too.  Mmmm, labels.

5) What qualities really make someone a good crafter?
Hmmmm.  That's a really good question and completely subjective.  I mean, it's pretty well matter of opinion of something or someone is "good".  I guess like anything honesty and intent make the act of crafting good versus bad.  If you're slopping crap together just to make money, that's probably not good art.  It might look good, or function well, but it's not very honest and the intentions behind it are not for art's sake.  I dunno, I'm kinda talking out of my bum here.

I guess that's it for my list.  I hope it was worth the long delays.  Heh.  Have a super awesome weekend!  Much love.

1 comment:

  1. I really like these questions...My answers 1. crochet, cake decorating. I want to make my own clothing but my sewing machine hates me.
    2. It would have to be cross stitch. I could see doing it on a crocheted or knitted blanket but on cheesecloth? I have tried it and it makes my eyes cross lol. 3. I don't purchase things from crafting websites. I honestly have forgotten they exist. 4. My crochet hooks would be the most used however I haven't done much of anything lately :( 5. A good crafter is someone who truly enjoys what they are doing even if they aren't good at it lol. (me with knitting)

    ReplyDelete