Sunday, August 10, 2014

Pelotonia!

I know, I still haven't been posting.  :(  I'll do my best to get back on track this week, I promise!!  But for now, just a quick post about yesterday.

Yesterday I participated in Pelotonia for the third year in a row.  My loving partner, theonlyboyfriend joined me this year for his first time riding!  We did 50 miles.  As always it was amazing.

Here we are pre-sweat and sunburn ready for the fun ahead!


I wrote out the names of people I was riding for on my arms and legs with a Sharpie this year:





The ride itself was humbling, touching, tiring, but so much fun.  Amazingly well organized for having 7270 people on bikes.  There are some moments that are just wall-to-wall people and bikes.  But it's not at all chaotic or scary ever.  They send riders off in groups of a couple hundred.  Here;s the "Chute" with our group at the start lines


I never regret the ride and will continue to do it every year until a cure for cancer is found.  If I ever cannot physically ride, I'll do the virtual rider and volunteer however I can.  It's one of the greatest things I am proud to say I've been a part of for 3 years now.

I'm so thrilled to say that theonlyboyfriend and I alone raised just under $3000.  My peloton, has raised almost $70,000.  And we're just 37 people.  The ride altogether raised $11,720,513.  As of right now.  For this year alone.  (They continue fundraising through October.) Since the ride started, they've raised over $73 million.

Just for comparison sake; here we are post-ride, soaked in sweat, exhausted and yet exhilarated:

 
If you could only see my lobster legs.

Thanks for everyone who sent words of encouragement, love, donations, prayers, or just happy thoughts our way.  And never fear, we'll be back with this next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment