Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Wednesday WIPs!

I'm slowly getting my crochet mojo back, finally.  So I'm picking up the hooks again.  And if I'm getting hooky time in again, I'd better be posting that, right?!  Yay!

Ok, so that blanket that's supposed to be a Christmas gift for theonlyboyfriend's family.  I seriously don't think I'll get it done in time for this Christmas.  But I'm working on it.  Ta-da!!  It's looking really nice, I'm happy with it thus far.


2 weekends ago I went to the big annual Wool Gathering in Yellow Springs and bought some gifts and of course, some yarn for me.  :D  I started a Tunisian scarf for myself.  It's called the "Cattus".  VERY simple pattern.  I thought it would be a good one for TV watching or lunch break crocheting.

The yarn is a bit brighter than I thought when I bought it, but it's super soft alpaca and so nice to work with.  It's kinda neon yellow-y with flecks of orange thrown in.  Again, WAY brighter than I thought it was, but it is what it is.  I may give it away, but keep it.  Regardless I'll finish the scarf.  :)

So that's what I'm working on now.  How are your projects coming?  Anyone working on anything cool?  I'd love to see!

2 comments:

  1. I love your projects and I love your attitude :). I live in Grove City and I never remember when this Annual Wool Gathering in Yellow Springs is. How do you know what date it is going to be. Also, do you belong to a knit or crochet group. I have been looking for one for a while now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks! Wool Gathering is always the 3rd weekend in September, but I got a flier 2 years ago there that had the dates of the event for the next 6 years! :)
    I go to the Stitch n Bitch group at Wild Goose up on Summit sometimes. They meet every Tuesday at 7:30. They have a Ravelry group that announces the meetings each week if you on Rav. There's another group up in Dublin, but we have no set times or locations, we just kinda see who's free when. Sadly I don't get to either very often.

    ReplyDelete