Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Speaking in tongues

X: Nikki, are you on Pinterest?!
Me: Uh, I don’t think I am.  I mean, not that I’m aware of.
X: But you do craft stuff!
Me: Well, I’m on Ravelry.  Are you looking for patterns or something?  I’m not sure what you’re asking me here.
X: I was going to follow you.
Me: *blank stare*
X: On Pinterest!
Me: I’m really sorry, I promise I’m not trying to be difficult but I don’t understand what this conversation is about. 
X: Pinterest!
Me:  Yes it’s a website, I don’t really know what it is though.  Like…what it’s for.
X: Oh!  I use it to find recipes.
Me: Ok well I don’t really cook so I can’t help you with recipes.  I do have a really great cookbook I can recommend though.  Heck, you can borrow it if you want.
X: I saw this scarf on Pinterest the other day, you should make one!
Me: I thought we were talking about cooking.
X: It was knitted, you knit right?
Me: No, I crochet actually, there’s a big diff…
X: I’ll pin it on your board.

Me:  I’m going to back away slowly now and work on avoiding you for the next couple months. 


For the record I have no idea what reddit is either.  And my life is still very full and content. 

2 comments: