Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Well that's a fine how do you do, 2015

Guys, I'm at a loss for words here today.  Sorry I haven't posted much lately.  2015 is just... I mean... good god his year sucks so far.  Seriously 2015, what did we ever do to you?!

Ok so let me back up here.  My brother has been not well for awhile.  He's had problems with his heart since his early 20s.  He had a quadruple by-pass at 26 years old.  (2001).  Fast forward to 2014.  He hasn't been feeling well most of the year.  Tired a lot, losing tons of weight, etc.  His heart has been failing.  Christmas day it got to the point he was hospitalized.  Then we got the news we were all dreading.  Heart failure.  It's beyond repair now.  2 days ago, he had his second open heart surgery of his life to get an LVAD put in to keep him going until he can get a transplant.  He'll be recovering from that for some time.  Then it's back in again, when he gets a new heart.

So...yeah.  That's been my life for the last month or so.  Just as we're starting to kind of relax a little we got a terrible phone call last night.  Theonlyboyfriend's mother passed away very suddenly.  She'd been very ill for awhile, but we were certainly not expecting this.  Does anyone expect it?  Even if so, are you ever truly prepared for the news?  She was only 56 years old, you guys.  56.

I got him on a flight home to the east coast this morning.  We're all just kind of dazed right now, going through the motions and bursting into tears randomly.  It still doesn't feel real yet.  Yet we're both still doing the stereotypical "I should have called/visited more."  I shoulda....I shoulda....

So, I guess that's my life right now.  2015, you can seriously suck it.

I truly hope everyone else is well right now.  Hug someone you love today.  Let them know how you feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment